Product Management Menu
The previous pages have introduced you to the main SQL statements needed to manage any database. You have created Python code and SQL statements to insert, update, delete and select data from the product table. Now it is time to bring all of that knowledge together and create a program to manage the product table properly.
The video below demonstrates what is required:
Watch the above video to get an idea of what to produce and then create a program to manage the product menu.
At this point you have had some experience creating databases and tables, populating them with data, updating and deleting records and also searching and sorting that data. However, all of this practice has been with a single table - we must now look at relational databases.
- 1. Introduction to databases
- 2. Creating the data model
- 3. Inserting data
- 4. Updating and deleting data
- 5. Searching and sorting data
- 6. Product Management Menu
- 7. Introduction to relational databases
- 8. Creating a data model with relationships
- 9. Referential integrity
- 10. Completing the coffee shop