Our investigation list contained the following questions:
- How do we create draggable icons?
- How do we create toolbars to store the icons?
We need draggable icons and toolbars to develop the following interface design:
In this section we are going to focus on creating the toolbar icons and adding the toolbars to the main window. We will leave adding the ability to drag the icons off the toolbar until later.
The video demonstrates how to do this.
Use the above video to create the toolbar and the required icons.
- 1. Installing PyQt on Mac OS X
- 2. Installing PyQt on Windows
- 3. Introduction to PyQt
- 4. Graphical crop simulation
- 5. Creating a basic PyQt application
- 6. Introduction to Layouts
- 7. Radio Button Widget
- 8. Creating the layouts
- 9. Switching layouts
- 10. Adding growth functionality
- 11. Graphics and resources
- 12. Summary
- 13. Field simulation
- 14. Designing the user interface
- 15. Graphical representation of crops and animals
- 16. Resources file
- 17. Crop and animal graphical sub-classes
- 18. Graphical representation of the field
- 19. Toolbars
- 20. Introduction to event handling
- 21. Adding the drag functionality to the toolbar labels
- 22. Adding the 'drop' functionality to the field
- 23. Context Menus
- 24. Automatically growing the field
- 25. Manually growing the field
- 26. Field Report
- 27. Final Summary
- 28. Distributing your application
- 29. Distributing your application on Mac OS X
- 30. Distributing your application on Windows